Auto accidents are no joke. In fact, every year over 40,000 people are killed in America alone on the nation’s highways, making it one of the leading causes of death–not to mention the pain, suffering, inconvenience, and expense associated with wrecks that do not lead to fatalities. The problem is, no matter how safe you drive (or what safety equipment you have equipped on your vehicle) you can still get in an accident due to someone else’s mistake. In an ideal world, you would be compensated for any injury or property damage by your insurance company or the negligent driver’s–unfortunately, that’s not always how it works. In this article, we’ll look at what kinds of accidents and circumstances should prompt you to contact an auto accident attorney.
When to Hire an Auto Accident Attorney
While there’s generally no need to contact an auto accident attorney in Las Vegas for a minor fender bender without injuries, there are a number of factors that might prompt a call to a reputable firm. Here’s when you should call a lawyer:
- The injuries sustained by you or your family may have long-term repercussions, including such severe conditions as paralysis but also anything that might prevent you from working and/or enjoying your life.
- There is a dispute about just whose fault the accident was. Few people are willing to admit fault and a auto accident attorney will be more motivated to get to the bottom of things than the typical officer on the scene.
- The offered compensation will not be enough to cover your long-term medical costs.
- The other driver was not carrying insurance, or was carrying limited insurance.
- A claims adjuster is putting pressure on you to settle. Do not make rash decisions when dealing with the complicated legalese of insurance companies who are only interested in paying you as little compensation as they can get away with.
What to Expect When Hiring an Auto Accident Attorney in Las Vegas
There are a number of benefits to hiring a auto accident attorney to represent you. You are much more likely to get the compensation you deserve when working with an expert in the field of auto accidents and personal injury. And you won’t have to pay up front. Any reputable personal injury or auto accident attorney will only charge you on a contingency basis–meaning you only pay them if you win.
Have you suffered an injury in a recent auto accident? Are you being pressured to settle? Contact an auto accident attorney right away.