For serious injuries you need serious legal representation.
An amputation is the loss of some or all of a body part due to an accident or surgical removal and is a severe and life-threatening injury with long term consequences. At best, an amputation causes permanent disability and at worst, it may lead to serious medical complications. Beyond the substantial physical change you experience, rehabilitation after an amputation can be a long and difficult process – it can also be an expensive one
If you, a family member or friend has suffered an amputation as a result of an accident, our skilled Las Vegas personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for your past and future medical expenses, lost wages and earnings, and the pain and suffering that you already have and likely will endure.
We Have The Necessary Experience To Handle Your Case
Those who have suffered accidents resulting in amputation experience life-altering, catastrophic injuries which will affect them and their loved ones for the rest of their lives. At Remmel Law Firm, we represent clients with amputations throughout Southern Nevada. We have extensive experience handling all types of amputation injuries resulting from car accidents, other motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, pedestrian accidents and more. When you work with Remmel Law, we handle all of the paperwork and negotiate with insurance companies and third parties so you can concentrate on healing and getting your life back in order.
As an experienced personal injury amputation attorney, we understand the often difficult path to recovery that our clients face. We keep our focus on the future as we diligently work on the problems of the present.
When negotiating with insurance companies, we take the unique circumstances of your case into account, including:
- Medical costs (past and future)
- Rehabilitation and occupational therapies
- Prosthetic equipment, repairs and replacement
- Lost wages and earnings
- Past and future pain and suffering
Our goal is to remove any roadblock that would prevent you from achieving maximum recovery for your harms and losses. While we understand that no amount of money can restore your previous way of life, we seek to give you the means to achieve a continued high standard of living.
Types of Amputation Injuries include:
- Complete Amputation: A limb is completely severed.
- Partial Amputation: Part of the affected limb remains attached. These can affect upper or lower Limbs. Upper limbs include fingers, hands, forearms, upper arms and shoulder, shoulder blade/collarbone. Lower limbs include the feet, lower legs, upper leg thigh or hip.
- Approximately 30,000 amputations happen in the US each year
- Almost 70% of amputations affect the upper limbs
- 4 out of 5 victims are men aged 15-30
- Upper limb amputations are more common in workplace accidents
- Lower limb amputations are more commonly found in motor vehicle or military accidents
- Factory and farm workers are most likely to suffer an accidental amputation followed by drivers or passengers of a motorcycle/auto accident